If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are thinking they could be related to a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in a lot of scenarios the homeowner is liable. Fortunately, the professionals at Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to get done around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Toronto codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to take on a variety of gas line projects in the Toronto community, so no job is too tall of an order for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As stated before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are on their way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Service Experts to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks immediately.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.